A picture paints a thousand words, but a video portrays a million more. A video captures the soul essence of every moment to be relived again and again at the push of a button.
One of the most common questions every couple planning their wedding is whether or not they should hire wedding videography services in Brisbane. It may seem like an overwhelming expense hiring both a wedding photographer and videographer. Thus, making it challenging justifying spending a large portion of their budget while other essential things that need to be purchased.
So, if you are in the process of looking for wedding videography services in Brisbane, before you hire them and pay a deposit, below is what you have to know;
Just like other wedding services, wedding videography services in Brisbane offer an assortment of packages for you to get the services you need. The advantage of packages is that it provides you with the chance to choose particular services that align with your budget and expectations.
One of the most popular misconceptions about wedding videography services in Brisbane is that you will get full-length footage of your entire wedding day. Some videographer will offer this option, but chances are highly likely that your final product will be edited and styled masterpiece, so you remember the best parts of your special day.
When opting for wedding videography services in Brisbane, these are the popular package options you are likely to see;
- Trailer/Teaser Film (1 – 2 minutes) – we have all watched a movie trailer, and this is the same concept, but it is a movie of your wedding. A short film later accompanies it, while the videographer continues to craft and edit the final product. Keep in mind that some offer it as part of the package, while others offer it as an add-on.
- Highlight Film (3 – 7 minutes) – with many wedding videography services in Brisbane, a highlight film is the final product that you will receive. This type of film is non-linear and adopts a more modern approach in that the videographer creates a piece of cinematic art out of events and moments throughout your day.
- Short Film (10 – 20 minutes) – by choosing this option, what you will get is an edited version of your wedding footage that takes more of a linear form. It will often include a portion of your vows, reception toasts etc. The film may also include getting ready footage, first-look footage and the grand exit depending on how you booked the videographer.
- Same Day Edit (4 – 6 minutes) – some wedding videography services in Brisbane will offer an option where your footage can be edited on the spot and aired during your reception. It can be a fun surprise for your guests.
- Full-Length Documentary (15 – 20 minutes) – this is an option for you if you are interested in reliving the majority of your special day. The videographer you have hired will create a longer film, and it will include the entire sections of your wedding, like your ceremony. This option, due to its length, will be more like an actual movie of your wedding day.
- Each wedding videography service in Brisbane will put their own artistic touch to their work, and a few styles are used to categorise most videographers. It would be best if you were on the lookout for the following common styles;
- Cinematic – is a popular style of photography you are likely to come across in your search. They are more like an actual movie, and they are edited and styled like a piece of art.
- Video Journalistic Documentary – a video journalist, the same as documentary photography, serves the purpose of capturing your special day as it occurs. It means the footage will include your day’s most significant moments. It will also include highlights of other events of the day, such as getting ready, guest interacting before the ceremony and dancing at the reception, to mention a few.
- Storytelling – the storytelling style relies heavily on sound bites, both from the day and some recorded at another time to tell the story of the day. In other styles, music is used to induce an emotional reaction; in storytelling, sound bites are used for dramatic effects.
- Nostalgic – a recent trend in wedding videography in Brisbane is the use of Super 8 film or 8-millimeter film to capture the day with a vintage flair. This type of film may be used by some videographers to document the entire day, or they will blend it with modern recording technology for a unique effect.
Other Things To Consider
Budget – if wedding videography in Brisbane is a priority for your wedding, it is advisable to include in your budget. It is not cheap to hire both a photographer and videographer. You may need to make specific cuts in other areas of your day, depending on your budget, to have your day captured the way you want.
Coverage – one of the most critical budget considerations is how many hours of coverage you want. When you have fewer hours of coverage and have your videographer focus on essential parts of your wedding means you will keep your budget down.
Delivery – you will also need to consider when choosing a wedding videography service in Brisbane is how your film and footage will be delivered. Keep in mind that videographers have their own way of doing things. However, you need to remember these methods when choosing a wedding videography services in Brisbane;
- USB stick
- External hard drive
- Online file drop
Are you looking for world-class and affordable videography services in Brisbane to capture the soul and essence of your special day? New Black Studios is your best choice. Call us!